A career in the health and fitness is not just about a paycheck. It’s about sharing your passion for health and fitness while having the ability to make a difference and change lives in a positive way. It’s about leading and inspiring others to greatness and giving them the belief in themselves that they can achieve anything they set their minds to.
You don’t want to become another number at a large box gym or have the patience and desire to step out on your own.
You just want to find a place to call home and a team to call family.
You want to be part of a team vision and culture that’s driven by a mission, purpose, and set of core values.
You have a desire to learn and want to find a place that provides hands on education and guidance so that you can enjoy a rewarding career changing lives and making a difference.
As a Fitness Coach, you will play a critical role in helping us fulfill our mission.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Developing comprehensive health and fitness programs for clients. You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs, but you’ll have the flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Tracking client progress. To ensure a client's success in our programs, you'll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets, and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
- Performing fitness evaluations. Ideally, you'll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate, and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that's a bonus.
- Coaching clients through 12-week program. You'll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions ( private and small group ) and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients you’re working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you'll coach and motivate them, and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Demonstrating proper exercise instruction. This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc.), and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
- Providing ongoing health and fitness education. Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You'll be provided with educational tools and resources, be expected to study them, and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our weekly staff meetings.