From the time we are infants, growth is how we measure health. It starts with physical parameters and progresses to intellectual. In school our growth is measured by testing and in life we are measured by our capacity to care for one’s self and the ability to give unto others.
But somewhere along the line we stop measuring growth.
Worse than that, we stop striving for growth all together.
One of the most common things women will say to me is “I don’t know what happened- I just let myself go.”
Just like a garden, every body needs nurturing if it’s going to grow healthy. Remember, if you aren’t growing, you’re dying. You don’t want that!
Health is a constant pursuit. You can’t just want it. You have to work for it. Health is a result of consistent purposeful actions.
Health is not a destination. It is a result of growth and a picture of the process it took to get there.
What areas of your health and fitness need growth? What areas do you need spiritual growth? What areas of your mind do you need to grow?
There is always an area for you to grow. Maybe it’s creating consistency with workouts. Or perhaps it’s leveling up your nutrition to include an extra serving of antioxidant veggies as a snack. Or maybe you want to focus on improving your sleep habits. Just pick one area of your health and GROW!
5 Quick Tips to Create an Environment to Grow:
- Change the things you can change and change your attitude about the things you can’t.
- Spend time with other people that are growing in their health and fitness. They will support you and encourage you because they know what it takes to grow.
- Spend time with other people that will encourage you in your personal growth, health and fitness, and spiritual growth. You will become who you associate with.
- Get comfortable being outside your comfort zone. The whole concept of growth conveys something new. Newness is unfamiliar and often uncomfortable.
- Focus forward. Learn from yesterday but don’t live there. Keep your focus on where you’re going and do the work today that will take you there tomorrow..
Why grow? When you are growing, you will be able to impact those around you for the better. You will be strong enough to help them in their time of need. You will be able to influence others to be their best. You will be able to focus on the things that are important in life instead of spending your days in a hospital bed.
You can grow. We can help. Start striving for growth today and contact us for a complimentary health and fitness evaluation ( $149 value )